Young adults with no friends

Hey

I was wondering how many young adults (roughly between the ages of 18-25) have joined this forum like me due to feeling lonely/without friends. I thought maybe if we all posted a bit of info about ourselves we may find people who are have similar interests and hobbies. And hopefully find some friends.

So I’ll start buy sharing a bit about me:

My name is Jasmine, I’m 23 years old. Unfortunately still single. I work evening/nights at a supermarket. I have high functioning autism and crippling anxiety. I enjoy watching tv and movies (I’ve just started re-watching Harry Potter.) I play the piano and I’m attempting to teach myself the ukulele. I enjoy cooking and baking. I am trying to complete an online course which is equivalent to doing a levels but have lost motivation for it right now. (Going to restart in the new year) I was home educated in year 9 due to bullying and I have never really found a friend who understands me or accepts me for who I am. 

Parents
  • I'm pushing 78 this May and have been friendless since childhood.  I'm ok with superficial acquaintances where I can mask but lengthy friendships?---never!  Once people try to get to know me I tire with my masks and they get put off. I've managed to survive in the commercial world by holding down jobs that required solitary skills, and avoided team player requirements. I made my work my focal point.  I don't understand hidden meaning, it just goes unregistered above my head. Mine is, and always has been a direct approach. I say exactly what I mean. This kind of profile worked well for me at work where I could focus on tasks at hand but did not serve me at all socially.  My first wife found me boring.  My current wife of 42 years has issues of her own (misery loves company? :-) but we both understand each other so I'm not totally alone in this NT world but still friendless, apart from possible "engagements" in this wonderful community.  All this FaceBook, Twitter etc. "like" nonsense are not "friends"--- they ARE engagements so, a personal adjustment for social acceptance needs to be made with a development for a hard core against further social in-toleration---it's survival!

• I'm pushing 78 this May and have been friendless since childhood.  I'm ok with superficial acquaintances where I can mask but lengthy friendships?---never!  Once people try to get to know me I tire with my masks and they get put off. I've managed to survive in the commercial world by holding down jobs that required solitary skills, and avoided team player requirements. I made my work my focal point.  I don't understand hidden meaning, it just goes unregistered above my head. Mine is, and always has been a direct approach. I say exactly what I mean. This kind of profile worked well for me at work where I could focus on tasks at hand but did not serve me at all socially.  My first wife found me boring.  My current wife of 42 years has issues of her own (misery loves company? :-) but we both understand each other so I'm not totally alone in this NT world but still friendless, apart from possible "engagements" in this wonderful community.  All this FaceBook, Twitter etc. "like" nonsense are not "friends"--- they ARE engagements so, a personal adjustment for social acceptance needs to be made with a development for a hard core against further social in-toleration---it's survival!

Children
No Data