Young adults with no friends

Hey

I was wondering how many young adults (roughly between the ages of 18-25) have joined this forum like me due to feeling lonely/without friends. I thought maybe if we all posted a bit of info about ourselves we may find people who are have similar interests and hobbies. And hopefully find some friends.

So I’ll start buy sharing a bit about me:

My name is Jasmine, I’m 23 years old. Unfortunately still single. I work evening/nights at a supermarket. I have high functioning autism and crippling anxiety. I enjoy watching tv and movies (I’ve just started re-watching Harry Potter.) I play the piano and I’m attempting to teach myself the ukulele. I enjoy cooking and baking. I am trying to complete an online course which is equivalent to doing a levels but have lost motivation for it right now. (Going to restart in the new year) I was home educated in year 9 due to bullying and I have never really found a friend who understands me or accepts me for who I am. 

Parents
  • Hi Jasmine, my name is Jamie, in the last 2 years I was diagnosed with Aspergers. I have very few friends and don’t understand most people. I’m 37 and have struggled with relationships my whole life, I prefer to chat online to get started, finding people to connect with is a hard task. I struggle to think of things to talk about and I usually have an awkward silence….

I like gaming bc it helps me calm down and think of my day, analyse things. I like puzzles, sci fi movies.. I guess the more I know someone, the more they can know and be a real friend.

During my school days, I blended in, I thought it was normal to be the way I was bc I wasn’t diagnosed that time. I’ve just put up with the way I am, the only way I know how. 

I hope you can make some friends in here, I wish you all the best Jasmine

• I’m the queen of awkward silences especially around people I don’t know. I am one of those people who really enjoyed wearing face coverings during covid. I just felt better when I was hidden and when there are these awkward silences I tend to find myself laughing. Which is easier to hide with a mask. So many people kept questioning why I was wearing one that I caved and stopped wearing one. Worse choice ever and my anxiety is way worse for it. 

My brothers also use gaming as a distraction to stressful times. I use music in a similar way.

I’ve never been diagnosed with autism or anxiety for the same reason as yourself. I spend my entire life masking and trying to fit in and its exhausting. I was never seen as normal, but now I realise I’d much rather be weird than normal!! My younger brothers with autism attend an additional needs only trampoline club. It’s my favourite time of the week, as I can be myself and no one cares because everyone else is doing the same.

thanks for your response I really appreciate it!

• Merry Christmas!! I missed it in my last message…. I hope you enjoy your day 

• Thank-you, I hope you had a lovely day too!

Reply Children
No Data