Young adults with no friends

Hey

I was wondering how many young adults (roughly between the ages of 18-25) have joined this forum like me due to feeling lonely/without friends. I thought maybe if we all posted a bit of info about ourselves we may find people who are have similar interests and hobbies. And hopefully find some friends.

So I’ll start buy sharing a bit about me:

My name is Jasmine, I’m 23 years old. Unfortunately still single. I work evening/nights at a supermarket. I have high functioning autism and crippling anxiety. I enjoy watching tv and movies (I’ve just started re-watching Harry Potter.) I play the piano and I’m attempting to teach myself the ukulele. I enjoy cooking and baking. I am trying to complete an online course which is equivalent to doing a levels but have lost motivation for it right now. (Going to restart in the new year) I was home educated in year 9 due to bullying and I have never really found a friend who understands me or accepts me for who I am. 

Parents
  • My son had  homeschooling from me as the other kids and staff bty were literally just taking his money and he let them bless him..the other kids were bullying to the point he was being booted in the spine on the floor I took him outta there faster than u can imagine. Sadly he won't come on these forums and I suspect he's lonely he doesn't ever go out etc..he diagnosed at 18 and so had preconceived ideas of autism and has said to me I'm not a retard etc and now misses out on any help. Yes those films  like rain man sure have a lot to answer for as these are the stero types he knows you see.

• It seems to be a common story that parents are left with no choice but to take their autistic children’s education in their own hands for their safety. It’s so sad and frustrating to hear.

I see where your son is coming from, I don’t tell the people I work with that I’m autistic for the same reason. But I think society is improving and becoming more accepting

. I know that you have said that your son wouldn’t talk on the forum but are there any other ways he would be able to connect with others? Through gaming? Email? Text? Letter? If he is ever lonely and wants to have a conversation with me through any of the above then just let me know and I can message you some contact info. x

• It seems to be a common story that parents are left with no choice but to take their autistic children’s education in their own hands for their safety. It’s so sad and frustrating to hear.

I see where your son is coming from, I don’t tell the people I work with that I’m autistic for the same reason. But I think society is improving and becoming more accepting

. I know that you have said that your son wouldn’t talk on the forum but are there any other ways he would be able to connect with others? Through gaming? Email? Text? Letter? If he is ever lonely and wants to have a conversation with me through any of the above then just let me know and I can message you some contact info. x

Children
No Data