Hi - Mum to newly diagnosed 6 year old

Hi there,

My son was diagnosed recently and I'm struggling to find the right resources to help me support him.

He's in a mainstream school and plan is to keep him there with an EHCP. He struggles with social situations unless he feels very comfortable with the people around him. Change and new situations are really overwhelming/upsetting and he is very sensory seeking. He also finds emotions tricky - he's either very affected by them or unable to relate.

Some of the resources we've been referred to just don't feel like his version of Autism. I'm wondering where you go to look for resources/info please

Thank you :) 

Parents
  • Hi. As I was reading this I remember my son finding Christmas at Primary difficult because there was so much change to normal routine. My suggestion at home would be to try to keep as much as possible to routine.

You say there is not much to help for your son's type of autism. Are you able to explain more? For example does he find reading and understanding of instructions difficult or is he of a higher ability but mainly finds social and sensory difficult?

• Hi. As I was reading this I remember my son finding Christmas at Primary difficult because there was so much change to normal routine. My suggestion at home would be to try to keep as much as possible to routine.

You say there is not much to help for your son's type of autism. Are you able to explain more? For example does he find reading and understanding of instructions difficult or is he of a higher ability but mainly finds social and sensory difficult?

Children
No Data