Hello

Hello, I'm new here. I was diagnosed back in 2011. I suffer from anxiety and a bunch of other boring and irritating problems. I like gaming, working out, reading and writing and music. I don't have a social life or know anybody so I thought I'd give an online community a go. So here goes nothing!

Hey! Slight smile

• sounds like you have a lot of good and healthy interests  Music will always save the day   And exercise is always positive (not something I enjoy myself but I can’t deny the benefits)  

I’m on this forum trying to find ways to help my son who is autistic. 
    So often I see people with autism and/or ADHD who complain that they have no ‘irl’ friends. 
    It strikes me that one of you should set up a forum for people to identify others who are local to them and arrange meet-ups with like-minded people. I appreciate it might be difficult due to anxiety etc. 
    I believe there is an app called ‘Meetup’ so you could use something similar. 
    Centre it around a low stress activity like going for a walk or something. 

• Have a look on FB marketplace and eBay for digital pianos. People quite often sell the older models with weighted keys quite cheaply. 

• Jasmineb1999,

I see how it'll be annoying for you too...  I've tried a keyboard before but I didn't like the feeling of the plastic keys and I'm not motivated enough to buy a key weighted keyboard incase I don't want to play.... Perhaps I could request one for a birthday.....  I've seen good you tube videos of how to play which's great! Good for you learning the uk! I hope you find situations where you are able to play perhaps when your Mum is out and about?

• I feel your frustration with not being able to play. I have a proper piano but my mum hates me playing. So I have bought myself an electric piano for my bedroom. It means that I can play with headphones and not making any noise. I’m teaching myself to play the ukulele but have the same noise problem. Have you looked into the apps that teach you piano? YouTube is quite useful too. I also find it hard to read sheet music. You can also buy electronic keyboards for under £100 that would allow you to play. Sometimes you can buy a used one cheep on gumtree. 

I love the fact you hatched them from eggs! That must have been so cute seeing the wee fluffy chicks!! Maybe you could create a post asking what people think you could call them?  How many are there?  That's really cool about the piano.  I can work stuff out by ear but can't read music because I find it too boring so can't get the motivation to do so.  Copying is so much easier for me.  Music reading is a block for me.  Unfortunately I live in a flat and the piano is with my Mum so I don't have time to go and practice..... I only really learnt with one hand doing duets with my Dad.  I really want to learn again but can't really just turn up at my Mums to do so..... :-(

• I have really got names for them yet. I hatched them from eggs in the spring and have only just found out which ones are boys and which are girls. Happy for any name suggestions! I had piano lessons as a child but now I just play by ear. I’ll usually listen to a song and then copy it.

Thanks for posting.  I know what you mean about Anxiety and other boring and irritating problems.  Mine are much the same....  Do you have a social life with gaming? My wee sausage does.  It sounds like you have great interests too.  :-)

Awww you have pet ducks! What are their names?  Do you play piano by ear or through learning music?

• Welcome to the forum Nightfear.

What a great name !

(I hope nights are not a problem for you and that it's just a screen-name).

Ben

• Hello! What sort if things do you write?   

I've posted a large amount of fanfic on ao3.

• Hi, My name is Jasmine. I’m 23. Never been officially diagnosed with autism but that’s because I’m an expert in masking! I work in a supermarket, have 6 siblings, play the piano and have pets ducks and have no friends. My anxiety is ridiculously bad at the moment and I have IBS which is trigged by anxiety. Which is great fun…not (I’m also very sarcastic) If you ever fancy chatting with me let me know. 

• hello Nightfear,

a warm welcome from me too.:-)
    Like you, I have other disabilities, including 
    epilepsy. However, if you ask me, I would prefer
    something less exciting in this regard.;-)
  • Welcome to the community! 

I hope you enjoy your time here :) 

• Hello Rosy. Nice to meet you. 

• Hello my name is Rosy. Enjoy photography, reading and puzzle books. Also colouring, jigsaw puzzles, Lego, listening to music, radio and journaling.

Prefer to chat on the forum.