Autism / and friendships and relationships I struggle with maintaining them

Hi all, I’m autistic I struggle won’t friendships and fitting in with others and people accepting me for how I am, can you please help me out, as I want to have friends but I struggle to as I’ve been hurt in past when I was myself with people they called me horrible names 

Parents
  • The people that tend to call you horrible names are doing it because they are feeling horrible ie they don't like themselves or feel inadequate compared to you,it's true as this is the basis of most bullying behaviour. I realise this doesn't help you feel any better but I mentioned it because it felt like from what you had said that this bullying you received had had an impact on your confidence and it can help to realise that the bullying you suffered isn't something you should now take on ie don't be defined by it and know that although the bullying felt personal ..that it infact wasn't. I don't know if that helped at all I hope so.

• The people that tend to call you horrible names are doing it because they are feeling horrible ie they don't like themselves or feel inadequate compared to you,it's true as this is the basis of most bullying behaviour. I realise this doesn't help you feel any better but I mentioned it because it felt like from what you had said that this bullying you received had had an impact on your confidence and it can help to realise that the bullying you suffered isn't something you should now take on ie don't be defined by it and know that although the bullying felt personal ..that it infact wasn't. I don't know if that helped at all I hope so.

Children
No Data