5 year old hitting

Hi looking for some advice my daughter is 5 and was diagnosed last year for the past month her behaviour has been getting worse she hits,scratches,bites when she is told of or can’t get something she wants and when I say to her don’t hurt mummy or that’s sore something like that she just laughs at me in the end I just give in because I’m all sore with her any help or advice would be great thanks 

Parents
  • Autistic children also laugh as a sign of stress. So when you tell her off and she laughs at you, that may be an emotional reaction rather than her being rude or disrespecting you.  Especially if she's already at the stage where she's frustrated enough to hit out.

With this kind of behaviour it's always best to look at the patterns to see why it is occurring, then deal with the cause of the issue instead of the reaction.  What are the events that lead up to it?  What situations does it occur in?  We had one child in the school where I work who would become agessive at the unstructured times of the day, like getting ready for lunch, or waiting to go home.  So we made sure that they had a supervised activity to do at that time, away from the noise and the bustle, and their behaviour improved.

• Autistic children also laugh as a sign of stress. So when you tell her off and she laughs at you, that may be an emotional reaction rather than her being rude or disrespecting you.  Especially if she's already at the stage where she's frustrated enough to hit out.

With this kind of behaviour it's always best to look at the patterns to see why it is occurring, then deal with the cause of the issue instead of the reaction.  What are the events that lead up to it?  What situations does it occur in?  We had one child in the school where I work who would become agessive at the unstructured times of the day, like getting ready for lunch, or waiting to go home.  So we made sure that they had a supervised activity to do at that time, away from the noise and the bustle, and their behaviour improved.

Children
No Data