Hello, my name is ...

Hello all, I just wanted to say I'm here, feeling alone and confused (and if possible, guilty too)

I am a 35yr old married mum of 1 wonderful miricle little boy and am struggling to come to terms that one of my worst fears is coming to light, I suspect I have been ignoring the signs for some time but now have to face the possiblity that we have another issue and that is ASD, Aspergers or ADHD. I say another issue since my son also was born with a heart problem and currently benign CF (there is a chance it could develope into active as he gets older).

There isn't a day goes by that I'm not greatful to be his mum but I already feel guilty for passing him the burden of CF and regardless I will feel guilty for whatever the outcome of his diagnosis now.

I just feel so alone. Is there anyone else out there like us? 

Parents
  • hi i am a mum of a 5 year old girl and today ive been told after man years asking for help that sh may have hsa or aspergers. I feel like the moon has fallen from the sky and its all my fault. All the doctors and medical staff say its not my or my husbands fault but she is my little girl and i feel so guilty. Keep asking myself the same questions over and over did i do some thing to cause this when i was pregnant or when she was a baby. She is so hard to control and i have got angry and shouted at her but now i know its not just a little girl being naughty she really has no control. Just want to wrap her in cotton wool and keep her safe but ive let her down. is there anyone whos been though the assesment or been in the same situation as me could really do with some advice and help with dealing with this new area.

• hi i am a mum of a 5 year old girl and today ive been told after man years asking for help that sh may have hsa or aspergers. I feel like the moon has fallen from the sky and its all my fault. All the doctors and medical staff say its not my or my husbands fault but she is my little girl and i feel so guilty. Keep asking myself the same questions over and over did i do some thing to cause this when i was pregnant or when she was a baby. She is so hard to control and i have got angry and shouted at her but now i know its not just a little girl being naughty she really has no control. Just want to wrap her in cotton wool and keep her safe but ive let her down. is there anyone whos been though the assesment or been in the same situation as me could really do with some advice and help with dealing with this new area.

Children
No Data