Anxiety at an all time high.

Past week or so, my anxiety and depression has gotten really bad. 
my friends are getting better jobs, starting relationships, buying homes and im the only one who hasn’t progressed since he was left school at 16. Im now 34.

I feel so humiliated and alone. I should be lucky I have friends, a job, I go out and I have family. I have a place I sleep at night and feel safe. 

but then why do I feel like this. It’s gotten to the point where I don’t want to live (I won’t do anything, I just feel that way) 

At Christmas I always feel alone and this year it’s gotten worse. 

I don’t know what to do anymore lol. I can’t keep feeling like this. 

Parents
  • Hi I do understand as watch my son go through same thing after being diagnosed ie my point being that before being diagnosed he was happy and then he got realy down and he said just like you it was  due to feeling he wasn't hitting the milestones like everyone else he sees out in the world ..because of his  autism holding him back ie the world is made neuro typical 

So you are not alone...if it helps any I will tell you what I told my son which is don't compare yourself to others achievements or what they have done by a certain age etc or what they have ie just because you don't have or do what they do makes you no less of a person ..the only person that matters is you and how you feel about yourself aside from other people's standards. All these things around us and standards or values of what is supposed to be the template for how everybody should be and live is just not realistic .We are all different and should not be made to feel bad if we don't fit the mold .

Take a long look at yourself and start to like all the good things about you that are many..ask your friends family (if they are good people that is that you can trust) and ask them what are the good things about you. 

Don't forget what Ghandi said which was " be the change you want to see in.the world" as without this nothing will change and the world needs to change.

If the vast majority of the population started to walk about banging tins on their heads the likelihood  is everyone else would start to do it as..that's what you do isn't it ?

Hope you get my point.

• Hi I do understand as watch my son go through same thing after being diagnosed ie my point being that before being diagnosed he was happy and then he got realy down and he said just like you it was  due to feeling he wasn't hitting the milestones like everyone else he sees out in the world ..because of his  autism holding him back ie the world is made neuro typical 

So you are not alone...if it helps any I will tell you what I told my son which is don't compare yourself to others achievements or what they have done by a certain age etc or what they have ie just because you don't have or do what they do makes you no less of a person ..the only person that matters is you and how you feel about yourself aside from other people's standards. All these things around us and standards or values of what is supposed to be the template for how everybody should be and live is just not realistic .We are all different and should not be made to feel bad if we don't fit the mold .

Take a long look at yourself and start to like all the good things about you that are many..ask your friends family (if they are good people that is that you can trust) and ask them what are the good things about you. 

Don't forget what Ghandi said which was " be the change you want to see in.the world" as without this nothing will change and the world needs to change.

If the vast majority of the population started to walk about banging tins on their heads the likelihood  is everyone else would start to do it as..that's what you do isn't it ?

Hope you get my point.

Children
No Data