Advice for newly diagnosed, with dealing with unfairness

Hello everyone,

I'm mid 40s chap, recently diagnosed with ASD, and just trying to let it all sink in. If anyone can ooint me in the right direction for some guidance on dealing with certain things? (On here or elsewhere)

I struggle with communication, and often become overwhelmed when responses to points or answers I make, don't seem to relate to what Ive said at all. Makes me feel Im going crazy.

I'm also very much struggling when things arent "right" or "fair", how things should be. Again, it becomes overwhelming  - but often I'm  unable to walk away or let it go  because its a core feeling. Moreover, there is a large part inside, that even thiugh I cant seem to walk away, doesnt want to either! Ive identified something is not right, therefore is must be changed... Help! 

Parents
  • I think autistic people do have a strong need for things to be right. I can certainly identify with this.. It can be small things or big things. Or often at work I feel frustrated as my logic seems different to those higher up but I just suck it up and don't want to rock the boat. I get frustrated with principles of matter. With regards to communication, I struggle with irrelevant waffle. If I ask a question,  I need a straight answer. Only this week I asked a colleague for help and I tried very carefully to word it so I'd get what I needed but it was still irrelevant. I know I also get stuck on things and I can have worked something through to the nth degree in my head but it won't go...and yes sometimes I don't want it to. I find meditation and mindfulness helps....a bit more accepting of "this is how things are" rather than "should be" and understanding that not everyone is like me so to give them (and me) a bit of grace.

• I think autistic people do have a strong need for things to be right. I can certainly identify with this.. It can be small things or big things. Or often at work I feel frustrated as my logic seems different to those higher up but I just suck it up and don't want to rock the boat. I get frustrated with principles of matter. With regards to communication, I struggle with irrelevant waffle. If I ask a question,  I need a straight answer. Only this week I asked a colleague for help and I tried very carefully to word it so I'd get what I needed but it was still irrelevant. I know I also get stuck on things and I can have worked something through to the nth degree in my head but it won't go...and yes sometimes I don't want it to. I find meditation and mindfulness helps....a bit more accepting of "this is how things are" rather than "should be" and understanding that not everyone is like me so to give them (and me) a bit of grace.

Children
No Data