Hello all.

I'm new, thought I'd just say hello to you all.

I'm still awaiting an official autism diagnosis, I'm on the NHS waiting list for an assessment, but there's a 3 year waiting list, I'm on it. 

I've only recently looked for an diagnosis, now I'm 54. Yet I didn't really consider myself to be autistic until fairly recently, as everyone's normal is different. I don't think an official diagnosis would be life changing for me, but it would be nice to put that final piece of jigsaw in place. 

It's only been over these last few days that I've actually spoken openly about it. It's just something I've carried with me all of my life, hidden it within the best way that i can, as no doubt a lot of us try to do.

After browsing a few posts on here, It's certainly helped and I can see a collation between myself & others on here. 

Parents
  • Hi Phoenixboy - Lovely to meet you and a big welcome to this forum! I'm happy to hear you have already looked over some of the posts and found them helpful - Feel free at any time to join in the discussions, ask questions as there is a wealth of knowledge here Slight smile

Best,

SarahMod

• Hi Phoenixboy - Lovely to meet you and a big welcome to this forum! I'm happy to hear you have already looked over some of the posts and found them helpful - Feel free at any time to join in the discussions, ask questions as there is a wealth of knowledge here Slight smile

Best,

SarahMod

Children