Introduce myself

Hi my name is Michelle I have 5 children my youngest is 3 we just found out that she’s got Autism we did have a feeling she was autistic I did get information and websites to go on am just leaning and how to help my daughter am just wondering if anyone one little ones managed to potty trained she’s just not interested potty training I have tried a lot of different ways to try 

Parents
  • Hi and welcome,

My kids were both well over 4 years old before they potty trained. For us, it helped to wait until they were older and could really understand what was being asked of them. We also found it worked best when we abandoned the actual potty and found a way for them to use the proper toilet instead. We started by using a timer for a few days just to get them used to thinking about the sensation of needing the loo. So they'd sit on the loo every time the alarm went and we gradually put the alarms further and further apart. 

I know there are deadlines like school and activities for getting kids potty trained, but I found it helps to wait as best you can, for them to feel ready too. 

• Hi and welcome,

My kids were both well over 4 years old before they potty trained. For us, it helped to wait until they were older and could really understand what was being asked of them. We also found it worked best when we abandoned the actual potty and found a way for them to use the proper toilet instead. We started by using a timer for a few days just to get them used to thinking about the sensation of needing the loo. So they'd sit on the loo every time the alarm went and we gradually put the alarms further and further apart. 

I know there are deadlines like school and activities for getting kids potty trained, but I found it helps to wait as best you can, for them to feel ready too. 

Children
No Data