Introduce myself

Hi my name is Michelle I have 5 children my youngest is 3 we just found out that she’s got Autism we did have a feeling she was autistic I did get information and websites to go on am just leaning and how to help my daughter am just wondering if anyone one little ones managed to potty trained she’s just not interested potty training I have tried a lot of different ways to try 

Parents
  • Hi Michelle, welcome here and congrats on the diagnosis it does take ages I think the earlier the better.

My daughter is 3.5 years and still not potty trained. She is a slow developer as she can't really talk or walk yet. I'm sure it will come in time. Alisha is right, books are a good way to go and making sure she's in control is another must my GP has said that as well. I try to make it a bit of a game so she's having fun, no luck yet but I'm hoping it will happen naturally in the end and if she's having fun and has fav toy or song playing that can only help.

I love your idea of a bowl "potty" for cuddly bear to sit on I'm going to try that for my little girl as she is struggling. Xx

• Hi Michelle, welcome here and congrats on the diagnosis it does take ages I think the earlier the better.

My daughter is 3.5 years and still not potty trained. She is a slow developer as she can't really talk or walk yet. I'm sure it will come in time. Alisha is right, books are a good way to go and making sure she's in control is another must my GP has said that as well. I try to make it a bit of a game so she's having fun, no luck yet but I'm hoping it will happen naturally in the end and if she's having fun and has fav toy or song playing that can only help.

I love your idea of a bowl "potty" for cuddly bear to sit on I'm going to try that for my little girl as she is struggling. Xx

Children
No Data