Introduce myself

Hi my name is Michelle I have 5 children my youngest is 3 we just found out that she’s got Autism we did have a feeling she was autistic I did get information and websites to go on am just leaning and how to help my daughter am just wondering if anyone one little ones managed to potty trained she’s just not interested potty training I have tried a lot of different ways to try 

Parents
  • Hi Michelle and welcome

Congrats on the diagnosis for your youngest. It takes forever!

what sort of thing does she like? does she like books? you can get books on potty training to read to her. the important part is to make her feel like she has some control, we don't like being unprepared for things. let her know what is happening. perhaps let her choose some underwear or a potty. if she has a faviourate teddy then the teddy can learn with her. you can get a bowl and the teddy can sit on the 'potty' while she sits on her potty. you could do a sticker chart for her and she gets a toy once she has a certain amount of stickers.

Sounds like you have probably done this a couple times before so you might have tried all those things. But just some suggestions. I'm not sure if she communicates verbally as you haven't said however if she does, try and find out what is worrying her. it could be something that is easily solved

Good luck 

Alisha xx

• Hi Michelle and welcome

Congrats on the diagnosis for your youngest. It takes forever!

what sort of thing does she like? does she like books? you can get books on potty training to read to her. the important part is to make her feel like she has some control, we don't like being unprepared for things. let her know what is happening. perhaps let her choose some underwear or a potty. if she has a faviourate teddy then the teddy can learn with her. you can get a bowl and the teddy can sit on the 'potty' while she sits on her potty. you could do a sticker chart for her and she gets a toy once she has a certain amount of stickers.

Sounds like you have probably done this a couple times before so you might have tried all those things. But just some suggestions. I'm not sure if she communicates verbally as you haven't said however if she does, try and find out what is worrying her. it could be something that is easily solved

Good luck 

Alisha xx

Children
No Data