Hello

Hello,

Am Phoebe. I was diagnosed with autism a few months ago and been working up courage to join the community. I don't know why I feel so much anxiety doing things like this. I'm currently in sixth form but it's railing me so tired and aching from the stress.i find my mum is supportive mostly but my dad doesn't agree with my autism diagnosis. I live with my parents we're on an old farm which still works it's nice.

My health is bad I have regular hospital stays and that's inducing to the anxiety I have a medical phobia. I just try to keep busy. I'm excited to make friends here and get to know everyone Grinning

• Welcome

I grew up on a farm too, my first 7 years, then we moved to city and it was horror, I'm 43 now, diagnosed a year ago, I have medical phobia too, and a very low opinion about doctors, especialy GPs

• Hi Phoebe,

I’m sure you’ll have a great time here and make lots of friends.  I’m sure your dad will come round soon.  Keeping busy is always good since this automatically reduces your anxiety.  

• Hi, welcome to the forum. I'm an autistic 61 year old, with an autistic daughter beginning her 3rd year at university soon.

• Hello Pheobe, welcome. living on a farm sounds nice, thats always been my dream. Do you have any animals there?

Sorry to hear your dad doesnt agree with your diagnosis, hopefully he will come round in time. 
    I hope 6th form gets easier. exams arent worth stressing about, I nearly gave myself a breakdown doing my a levels and got so exhausted and I got straight As but they never got me anywhere in life. Look after yourself and your mental and physical health,get to know yourself and grow as a person, thats far more important than exam results.