A new chapter!

Hello! I was diagnosed this week after nearly four years of seemingly endless waiting. I'm nearly 27 now and I was starting to give up hope but at last I know I'm autistic. I'm really glad and relieved, it's nice to know why I'm the way I am and I'm pleased the waiting is at last over.

I feel a bit lost now and confused as to what to do next which is one of the reasons why I came here. I've lurked for a while but didn't want to join until I knew for certain. I'm just treating this like I do life, it's a brand new adventure a brand new chapter in my life. Not sure where it'll take me, only time will tell!

Some things about me in case you want to know. I live with my parents. I am a big Disney and animation fan. My favourite movie is The Muppets Christmas Carol and my favourite TV series is SpongeBob. My special interest is horology. I love clocks of all shapes and sizes. As a kid my mum wanted me to play with dolls but I was more interested in shadowing my Grampy as he worked on his clocks and now I'm forever surrounded by clocks and working on them myself. My favourite one I own is a German wedding clock from the 1950s. It's white and has little figures inside glass. It's gorgeous.

Sorry I get carried away!

I'll leave this here. 

Immy xxx

Parents
  • Hello Immy, how are you? Im glad to hear youve finally got your diagnosis. Im still wating for mine but Im ok in the meantime. 

I hope you enjoy it on the forum, its made such a difference to me. Its just so nice to be around other people like us!

Its really interesting that your into clocks, I must admit I dont know a lot about them but I can imagine its a very interesting subject.  I love Disney films, my favourites are probably Bugs Life, Cars 2, Toy Story 2 and the Jungle Book. I like the Lion King as well

• Hello Immy, how are you? Im glad to hear youve finally got your diagnosis. Im still wating for mine but Im ok in the meantime. 

I hope you enjoy it on the forum, its made such a difference to me. Its just so nice to be around other people like us!

Its really interesting that your into clocks, I must admit I dont know a lot about them but I can imagine its a very interesting subject.  I love Disney films, my favourites are probably Bugs Life, Cars 2, Toy Story 2 and the Jungle Book. I like the Lion King as well

Children
  • Hello Billy, nice to meet you. I'm great thanks, how are you?

I'm sorry you are still waiting. I hope the waiting will be over soon and you'll have all the answers with the diagnosis. Remember every day is a day closer to the diagnosis! 

Thank you. I hope I will as well. It's not really the sort of thing I do but I think it's good to be with other people the same as you.

Ahh I love clocks and what makes them tick - no pun intended! My mum and dad don't share my interest and passion, only my Grampy understood but I think I'll always be fascinated by them. Ooo I love Disney as well! You have excellent taste in films Grin I love those ones as well and my favourites are probably The Lion King, Toy Story 3, Aladdin, Frozen and Moana.