A new chapter!

Hello! I was diagnosed this week after nearly four years of seemingly endless waiting. I'm nearly 27 now and I was starting to give up hope but at last I know I'm autistic. I'm really glad and relieved, it's nice to know why I'm the way I am and I'm pleased the waiting is at last over.

I feel a bit lost now and confused as to what to do next which is one of the reasons why I came here. I've lurked for a while but didn't want to join until I knew for certain. I'm just treating this like I do life, it's a brand new adventure a brand new chapter in my life. Not sure where it'll take me, only time will tell!

Some things about me in case you want to know. I live with my parents. I am a big Disney and animation fan. My favourite movie is The Muppets Christmas Carol and my favourite TV series is SpongeBob. My special interest is horology. I love clocks of all shapes and sizes. As a kid my mum wanted me to play with dolls but I was more interested in shadowing my Grampy as he worked on his clocks and now I'm forever surrounded by clocks and working on them myself. My favourite one I own is a German wedding clock from the 1950s. It's white and has little figures inside glass. It's gorgeous.

Sorry I get carried away!

I'll leave this here. 

Immy xxx

• Name Mariusz was brought to Poland by italian queen Bona Sforza, she brought tomatos too, can you imagine world withought tomato? Back on track - Marius was a name of Roman family during times of Roman Empire, it's popular in Eastern Europe these days, and it gort modified to make pronunciation easier, that's why polish version has 'z;' at the end

• Hello Mariusz - cool name, took me ages to get it right lol! Does it have a special meaning? Slight smile

Lol yes! My mum thinks clocks are for men really and keeps trying to get me to do more feminine hobbies but I love clocks I've always found them exciting and interesting. Your grandpa's Cuckoo clock sounds amazing! The weights are really interesting, most are called pines because they look like pine cones like from the trees and they hang on chains or a chain and that usually is attached to a chain gear that works and powers the clock, I don't think there's a specific word though you can use powers it up, drives the clock, energises it or whatever you like Slight smile my Grampy used to say drives the clock.

Aw thank you, I think this reply might be a bit long. Sorry!

I think being autistic is a great thing. We have a lot of struggles yeah but I think there's also a lot of positives as well. I was just reading about everyone's special interests. Very awesome!

• Hello Billy, nice to meet you. I'm great thanks, how are you?

I'm sorry you are still waiting. I hope the waiting will be over soon and you'll have all the answers with the diagnosis. Remember every day is a day closer to the diagnosis! 

Thank you. I hope I will as well. It's not really the sort of thing I do but I think it's good to be with other people the same as you.

Ahh I love clocks and what makes them tick - no pun intended! My mum and dad don't share my interest and passion, only my Grampy understood but I think I'll always be fascinated by them. Ooo I love Disney as well! You have excellent taste in films Grin I love those ones as well and my favourites are probably The Lion King, Toy Story 3, Aladdin, Frozen and Moana.

• welcome

you're a girl, did I get it right? I've never met anybody who loves clocks either. My Granpa had an old hangining on a wall cuckoo clock, that had weights hanging below used to 'power it up', I don't know a phrase for it in english

btw your opening statement is very short, you didn't get carried away, you restrained yourself. I've seen few pages long already.

continue your adventure with an optimistic view, being autistic can be fun

• Hello Immy, how are you? Im glad to hear youve finally got your diagnosis. Im still wating for mine but Im ok in the meantime. 

I hope you enjoy it on the forum, its made such a difference to me. Its just so nice to be around other people like us!

Its really interesting that your into clocks, I must admit I dont know a lot about them but I can imagine its a very interesting subject.  I love Disney films, my favourites are probably Bugs Life, Cars 2, Toy Story 2 and the Jungle Book. I like the Lion King as well