Diagnosed last week at 48

Hello everyone, 

im T from the northeast, I was diagnosed with ADHD, last year and Autism a few days ago. It’s incredibly overwhelming. I sort of don’t know who I am anymore. 
I work full time, it’s like climbing a mountain every morning going to work, I struggle inside and out. 

I have had to take a few weeks off to process this, it’s a relief to know why I act this way but I’m struggling 

Parents
  • I'm 47 and feeling exactly the same! Like, who am I? What am I supposed to do now? I feel so utterly unmotivated by my job, and I really just want time to assimilate and indulge the special interests and the stims and the sensory delights that I have repressing for decades. At the same time, I feel all this grief and anger that I wasn't "allowed" to just be myself and how much happier I might have been if I had known. It's pretty overwhelming! It will take time to process, but we'll get there. 

• I'm 47 and feeling exactly the same! Like, who am I? What am I supposed to do now? I feel so utterly unmotivated by my job, and I really just want time to assimilate and indulge the special interests and the stims and the sensory delights that I have repressing for decades. At the same time, I feel all this grief and anger that I wasn't "allowed" to just be myself and how much happier I might have been if I had known. It's pretty overwhelming! It will take time to process, but we'll get there. 

Children
No Data