Diagnosed last week at 48

Hello everyone, 

im T from the northeast, I was diagnosed with ADHD, last year and Autism a few days ago. It’s incredibly overwhelming. I sort of don’t know who I am anymore. 
I work full time, it’s like climbing a mountain every morning going to work, I struggle inside and out. 

I have had to take a few weeks off to process this, it’s a relief to know why I act this way but I’m struggling 

Parents
  • Dude, I know exactly how you feel, diagnosed two years ago at 50.  For a while I felt like I'd been living a lie.  Took me a while to realise I was right, but for the wrong reason!

You'll spend a while now looking back and going "so that's why!" and the past will make more sense.  It'll also help the present because you'll work out what somethings were that affected you and made you react differently to other people - you can use taht to inform the now.

Two years in and I'm really feeling like I understand myself better, but more importantly I can act on that knowledge.  We have made a few adjustments at work, as I've identified them as problems and it's also easier to say to people "No, I won't be coming, I can't deal with that environment" and they are more understanding - rather than the excuses I used before.

This place has helped too, reading others experiences and getting feedback sometimes,  Ditto a few YouTube channels, they've helped me put things into words...

• Dude, I know exactly how you feel, diagnosed two years ago at 50.  For a while I felt like I'd been living a lie.  Took me a while to realise I was right, but for the wrong reason!

You'll spend a while now looking back and going "so that's why!" and the past will make more sense.  It'll also help the present because you'll work out what somethings were that affected you and made you react differently to other people - you can use taht to inform the now.

Two years in and I'm really feeling like I understand myself better, but more importantly I can act on that knowledge.  We have made a few adjustments at work, as I've identified them as problems and it's also easier to say to people "No, I won't be coming, I can't deal with that environment" and they are more understanding - rather than the excuses I used before.

This place has helped too, reading others experiences and getting feedback sometimes,  Ditto a few YouTube channels, they've helped me put things into words...

Children
No Data