Diagnosed last week at 48

Hello everyone, 

im T from the northeast, I was diagnosed with ADHD, last year and Autism a few days ago. It’s incredibly overwhelming. I sort of don’t know who I am anymore. 
I work full time, it’s like climbing a mountain every morning going to work, I struggle inside and out. 

I have had to take a few weeks off to process this, it’s a relief to know why I act this way but I’m struggling 

Parents
  • Hello and welcome.  You will struggle, so don't beat yourself up about it.

I was really happy initially - knowing why my behaviours could be so disruptive and strange.  Then it dawned on me - knowing didn't actually change that -it just explained it.  There are loads of people at this place working through their issues, many identical to those you have outlined.  There is no "magic fix", but I find this place a calming haven where I am around people with similar life experiences and working through the same sort of issues.  Stick around, I'm sure you will stumble over useful stuff that will help you along your way.  In the meanwhile, stay sane.

• Hello and welcome.  You will struggle, so don't beat yourself up about it.

I was really happy initially - knowing why my behaviours could be so disruptive and strange.  Then it dawned on me - knowing didn't actually change that -it just explained it.  There are loads of people at this place working through their issues, many identical to those you have outlined.  There is no "magic fix", but I find this place a calming haven where I am around people with similar life experiences and working through the same sort of issues.  Stick around, I'm sure you will stumble over useful stuff that will help you along your way.  In the meanwhile, stay sane.

Children
No Data