Hello

My almost 8 year old son has just been diagnosed with Autism. I was convinced he has ADHD so it's come as a bit of a surprise! Any advice woud be appreciated. Thanks Blush

Parents
  • I fail to have supreme faith in the opinions of others about myself or my loved ones.  That doesn't mean that I disregard the opinions of others, but I do maintain a healthy alert status and continue to suck up facts and observations in any situation that provides further enlightenment.

If I were you, I would not stop (or now start in earnest) reading, watching and learning as much as you possibly can about the two "labels" you currently have in your mind for your son.  Knowledge is power.  Watch him, love him, and keep yourselves sane - with that love, not the label.

• I fail to have supreme faith in the opinions of others about myself or my loved ones.  That doesn't mean that I disregard the opinions of others, but I do maintain a healthy alert status and continue to suck up facts and observations in any situation that provides further enlightenment.

If I were you, I would not stop (or now start in earnest) reading, watching and learning as much as you possibly can about the two "labels" you currently have in your mind for your son.  Knowledge is power.  Watch him, love him, and keep yourselves sane - with that love, not the label.

Children
No Data