Autism and alcohol

Catch 22 and vicious circle in one. I sometimes drink because I feel stupid, embarrassed or alone because of my autism. I then tend to do minor things (that seem like major things) that make me feel the same way.

I'm in a WhatsApp group with NTs and my comments usually end the conversation. I feel liked enough when i see them in person, but my paranoia is starting to shoot through the roof and my decision making is being affected.

Anyone else on this level? Done with feeling stupid and embarrassed ALL THE TIME. Could really do with some advice. Thanks 

Parents
  • I have used alcohol to get through difficult social and work events - big family gatherings, giving seminars to large groups of people etc. - and it worked for me. The trick is not needing to use it very often, not get reliant on it for ordinary everyday life. Normally, I would probably drink about the equivalent of a bottle of wine in a week, mostly with meals.

Luckily, alcohol makes me talkative and more confident, never morose, maudlin or aggressive.

• I have used alcohol to get through difficult social and work events - big family gatherings, giving seminars to large groups of people etc. - and it worked for me. The trick is not needing to use it very often, not get reliant on it for ordinary everyday life. Normally, I would probably drink about the equivalent of a bottle of wine in a week, mostly with meals.

Luckily, alcohol makes me talkative and more confident, never morose, maudlin or aggressive.

Children
No Data