Autism and alcohol

Catch 22 and vicious circle in one. I sometimes drink because I feel stupid, embarrassed or alone because of my autism. I then tend to do minor things (that seem like major things) that make me feel the same way.

I'm in a WhatsApp group with NTs and my comments usually end the conversation. I feel liked enough when i see them in person, but my paranoia is starting to shoot through the roof and my decision making is being affected.

Anyone else on this level? Done with feeling stupid and embarrassed ALL THE TIME. Could really do with some advice. Thanks 

Parents
  • you're trying to befriend wrong type of people, if drinking is a must to be part of that group it isn't good for you, and you should look for a different one

I feel very tired after I got drunk, like the worst kind of tiredness I can get, that makes me able only to go to bed and try to fall asleep, and 2 beers is enough for me to be like that

I don't get that tired even after 5 days 8h long shifts unloading delivery pallets in a supermarket

try local board games groups maybe? you can find them on meetup, geeks are less likely to be alcohol consumers on regular basis

• you're trying to befriend wrong type of people, if drinking is a must to be part of that group it isn't good for you, and you should look for a different one

I feel very tired after I got drunk, like the worst kind of tiredness I can get, that makes me able only to go to bed and try to fall asleep, and 2 beers is enough for me to be like that

I don't get that tired even after 5 days 8h long shifts unloading delivery pallets in a supermarket

try local board games groups maybe? you can find them on meetup, geeks are less likely to be alcohol consumers on regular basis

Children
No Data