Autism and alcohol

Catch 22 and vicious circle in one. I sometimes drink because I feel stupid, embarrassed or alone because of my autism. I then tend to do minor things (that seem like major things) that make me feel the same way.

I'm in a WhatsApp group with NTs and my comments usually end the conversation. I feel liked enough when i see them in person, but my paranoia is starting to shoot through the roof and my decision making is being affected.

Anyone else on this level? Done with feeling stupid and embarrassed ALL THE TIME. Could really do with some advice. Thanks 

Parents
  • Stop drinking? Using alcohol as a crutch does nothing for the self esteem in the long run,

You need to realise that you are fine as you are. I suspect it’s only you that thinks you end the text conversations. Surround yourself with people that get you and accept you. You shouldn’t need to change any behaviour to fit in. 
    How long have you been diagnosed? I stopped being so hard on myself when I got mine. Yes I make mistakes, I say the wrong thing, I stumble my words, but that’s OK. Everyone does it. 

• Stop drinking? Using alcohol as a crutch does nothing for the self esteem in the long run,

You need to realise that you are fine as you are. I suspect it’s only you that thinks you end the text conversations. Surround yourself with people that get you and accept you. You shouldn’t need to change any behaviour to fit in. 
    How long have you been diagnosed? I stopped being so hard on myself when I got mine. Yes I make mistakes, I say the wrong thing, I stumble my words, but that’s OK. Everyone does it. 

Children
No Data