Bonjour/Hello

Hello I'm from the south of France. I'm Fleur! I have Autism but over here it's not understood that well and if I show it too much they put me in hospital so I'm having to hide it and suffer in silence. I thought joining an online community would be a big help so here I am. Bonjour! Unfortunately I also suffer from bad anxiety and this stops me from going out and getting a job but I do work part time with maman' in her bakery. But other than that I try not to do too much stuff that will set me back. Lots does seem to affect me sadly. It's hard at the best of times but can't turn to anyone for help they think hospital is the answer but it makes it much worse... Sorry for rambling there I just find it frustrating.

I love history it's my special interest and now I'm like a Wikipedia page on so much of history.

Love all types of music.

I like baking to but I'm no good at it really.

Hoping to find support and friendship here.

Parents
  • Unfortunately, France is a country wedded to the theoretical approach, rather than the empirical. Having swallowed psychoanalysis in its entirety, and the theories behind it, the French medical establishment finds itself unable to understand that behaviours can have neurodevelopmental roots. So while recognising that autistic behaviours exist, it seeks to explain them by inappropriate methodologies. My sincere condolences to everyone with undiagnosed autism in France - around 700,000 people.

• probably just as much undiagnosed in the uk.... the uk only started taking mental health seriously and diagnosing things within the past 10 years or 5 years even. before then there was nothing, no help, no care, perhaps farther backward any obvious case were sent to mental health prisons and electrocuted. so one can argue it was worse here than france only a few generations back. we used to torture people with mental health issues, then we did nothing and opted to ignore them, then only recently we are seemingly diagnosing and helping, probably because they noticed how big a blow to the economy and workforce mental health issues are if ignored.

• I think the problem in the UK is basically underfunding in general and relatively greater underfunding for neurodevelopmental and mental health. There is not an ingrained antipathy to the recognition of neurodevelopmental conditions as exists within the French medical community.

• Sadly parts of america do that too

Reply Children
No Data