Bonjour/Hello

Hello I'm from the south of France. I'm Fleur! I have Autism but over here it's not understood that well and if I show it too much they put me in hospital so I'm having to hide it and suffer in silence. I thought joining an online community would be a big help so here I am. Bonjour! Unfortunately I also suffer from bad anxiety and this stops me from going out and getting a job but I do work part time with maman' in her bakery. But other than that I try not to do too much stuff that will set me back. Lots does seem to affect me sadly. It's hard at the best of times but can't turn to anyone for help they think hospital is the answer but it makes it much worse... Sorry for rambling there I just find it frustrating.

I love history it's my special interest and now I'm like a Wikipedia page on so much of history.

Love all types of music.

I like baking to but I'm no good at it really.

Hoping to find support and friendship here.

Parents
  • Bonsoir! Bienvenue sur le forum. I hope that you find some friendly people here. Strangely, I have created more than 30 pages on the English Language Wikipedia, mostly historical. My major interests are: the Byzantine Empire, Ancient Greece and Rome, Medieval Europe, the English Civil War and the Napoleonic wars.

Hospitals are very distressing places for autistic people to be in.

• Merci! Comment allez-vous today? :) 

I think I've already met some very friendly people today. 

Your pages on wikipedia sound intriguing. Do you still do this? You should look at doing it professionally. I've written about The Lost City of Atlantis for an article and I enjoyed that so much. I love your interests, mine are much the same. Do you have a favourite?

I hate hospital. Worst place to be for me.

• Je vais très bien, merci. I have not created a new page recently, but I tinker with many pages and reverse vandalism. If I could think of a suitable subject for a new page I would write one. I enjoy collecting references and then composing the text, I can get very absorbed in it. I was a research scientist before retiring, so I like using my skills in a hobby area, such as history. My favourite is probably Byzantine history, but I wrote a number of articles, published in online and printed journals, on Napoleonic military history a good while ago.

• Je vais très bien, merci. I have not created a new page recently, but I tinker with many pages and reverse vandalism. If I could think of a suitable subject for a new page I would write one. I enjoy collecting references and then composing the text, I can get very absorbed in it. I was a research scientist before retiring, so I like using my skills in a hobby area, such as history. My favourite is probably Byzantine history, but I wrote a number of articles, published in online and printed journals, on Napoleonic military history a good while ago.

Children
  • Oh you should definitely do some more if you come up with any more ideas. You said it right absorbed, when you get into something and it absorbs you it can be so much fun and interesting. I love to write but can't do too much it makes me dizzy after a while and can cause migraines.