How do I deal with family?

My family members are extremely frustrating.

They are impatient and expect me to do anything they ask. Sometimes they don’t even ask they just assume.

Scenario 1:

So my mum got a puppy. We cannot really afford it. It’s annoying and it destroys everything. I have my cat to look after and they do not get along at all.

My mum works every night and expects me to deal with this puppy and babysit it even though it bites me and is destructive.

So tonight, I asked my mum if I could start getting paid for watching the dog, since its not my dog.
She said “It’s the least you can do. You don’t do anything.” Which is highly incorrect since I clean the entire house every day and feed the cats and the puppy. I also help her in many other ways.

I’m not sure what to do about this or how I’m supposed to react.

Scenario 2:

My mum has major mood swings and gets annoyed if i ask about it. Ill ask if shes ok and she will yell.

I only ask because I don’t understand.

there are more scenarios but these will do for now.

Peace out V

Parents
  • Sorry to hear about your situation.  It seems like your family members are just under a lot of stress.  Your mother obviously doesn't mean it when she says "You don't do anything." since you are cleaning the house during the day and you are also feeding the cats and the puppy.  On top of all this, you are babysitting and looking after your aggressive puppy that bites.  You are doing so much for her.  When she yells at you when you ask her about her mood swings, she is probably worried about them herself and so reacts abruptly when she is reminded about them.  When you say "Sometimes they don't even ask they just assume.", you are not alone, believe me.

• My Nan was like that, too. 

It's a sign of Codependency. Though, I see the same relationship with my Artist Friend. I took him to town, this morning, for his groceries; though he will get a cab back to his. 

Reply Children
No Data