Hi

Hello everyone, I was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder in 2017.  I have a very limited set of interests and I don't particularly being around others as I feel like I am the centre of attention, which I hate.  Hope to talk to some of you on here soon who are experiencing similar things!

Parents
  • I see from the comments you are quite interested in the Concorde. It reminded me of how I used to be obsessed with it when I was a kid, although I don't remember much now beyond having a book on Concorde and getting excited to go inside one on a school trip to a local airfield.

I have to say though I think I was more interested in boats than planes. I had a big poster of the way the Titanic sunk. I would watch documentaries on how it sank, and I would watch the film but skip the first part just to watch it sink! I had a massive book with tons of pictures of the wreck when it was first discovered and I had a habit of breaking toy boats to make them sink, such as a Peppa pig boat I broke and made sink in the bath! I also made a bunch of Lego boats and would make them sink in the bath, and I remember when I first found YouTube I would watch videos of paper boats flooding and sinking.

• I see from the comments you are quite interested in the Concorde. It reminded me of how I used to be obsessed with it when I was a kid, although I don't remember much now beyond having a book on Concorde and getting excited to go inside one on a school trip to a local airfield.

I have to say though I think I was more interested in boats than planes. I had a big poster of the way the Titanic sunk. I would watch documentaries on how it sank, and I would watch the film but skip the first part just to watch it sink! I had a massive book with tons of pictures of the wreck when it was first discovered and I had a habit of breaking toy boats to make them sink, such as a Peppa pig boat I broke and made sink in the bath! I also made a bunch of Lego boats and would make them sink in the bath, and I remember when I first found YouTube I would watch videos of paper boats flooding and sinking.

Children