Hello

I'm 41 years old, I've spent most of my life living in my own imagination because I was bullied regularly from a very young age. Had a job in my twenties but decided to quit because I wanted to spend more time thinking (in hindsight, not a clever move). I enjoy solitude but lately I find myself feeling unloved. If I'm able to find a way to stop procrastinating and learn the social skills I should have learned as a teenager, I hope someday to find someone to cuddle up on the sofa with.

Recently I've gotten a support worker who has encouraged me to go to the support groups run by the organization she works for and this has helped me to come out from under my shell a little bit, so I've decided to create an account here in hopes of finding other people who might understand me and maybe even make a few friends.

Parents Reply Children
  • I'd say its both, some times I daydream about the person I wish I could be, other times I'm thinking about things I would like to make if I could get out of my head for long enough to work on them. Other times I day dream about things that are missing from my life (love, confidence, social life, sex, etc... I also do this for 6+ hours a day, so I think that maybe it is my special interest. Its also triggered by my senses, I have fantasies/day dreams attached to various songs, or a social interaction usually leads to me re running the interaction in my head contemplating what I could/would/should have said/done and what the outcome would be if I had.