Hello & Intro

Hi all.

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong section previously, so you might have seen this before Slight smile

I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hi and I am planning on using this to interact a little and read the viewpoints of other like minded individuals.

I do not have a formal diagnosis yet, but I was assessed last week (at 37 years old), so I am waiting on the results of that. I think it will be a relief to receive a confirmation of what I believe is ASD; and to provide some reassurance that i'm not just awkward and 'unusual' for no reason.

As with a lot of others I have got pretty good at masking it, but having discovered the forum today it will be nice to be able to interact with others like myself and I have already read several posts that have answered some questions I have had as I await my assessment result.

I probably won't be the most active with posts, but I will be reading them all and it will be nice to 'meet' some of you. I don't think I've ever posted on a forum before but this one seems important to me.

I am planning on doing a post about my journey to getting an assessment as I think that's where a lot of the questions lie and it may be useful to someone. I live in the North West of England, so it might be useful to somebody wondering about the wait times etc in specific areas.

Thanks for reading and I hope you are all having a good day.

D

Parents
  • Hello Dino,

I'm diagnosed now but feel I'm still on my journey of discovery and development.

I feel it's something that will live as long as I do.

Lots of challenges keep coming which can be hard.

I hope you find the community a good place to be.

Enjoy :) 

• Hello Dino,

I'm diagnosed now but feel I'm still on my journey of discovery and development.

I feel it's something that will live as long as I do.

Lots of challenges keep coming which can be hard.

I hope you find the community a good place to be.

Enjoy :) 

Children
No Data