Hello Everyone! Newly ASD - Nice to meet you all.

Hello everyone, nice to meet you all.

I am Ken - 47, from Leeds, U.K. looking forward to getting to know some of you.

I have just discovered I am ASD - not sure how I am coping with it. 

Parents
  • Hi there. I hope that you find this place to be as helpful as I do.

I was diagnosed almost a year ago. There were many stages I went through, but feeling like I’m making more sense of things day by day. It’s been an altogether positive experience, but it has had the occasional down too.

• Hi there. I hope that you find this place to be as helpful as I do.

I was diagnosed almost a year ago. There were many stages I went through, but feeling like I’m making more sense of things day by day. It’s been an altogether positive experience, but it has had the occasional down too.

Children
  • Hi Coffee, Thanks... It is being pretty helpful so far...with the welcoming messages help. 

I am glad you are making more sense of things... I think I am going through similar feelings about it at the moment too. 

I am happy that it has been a positive experience for you for the most part. I do feel a relief...knowing I can put my " social quirks - for all of my life" down to something. 

I get moments of cringe...when I remember how people have treated me badly in the work place for no appreant reason..of which I didn't understand why.