Introduction

Hi my name is Kelly and I'm fairly new to the NAS site....

I have twin 8 yr old boys 1 of which is currently waiting an assessment and a 3 yr old daughtewe who was diagnosed with core Autism a few days ago!!

Whilst there was no surprise for myself and husband, the severity still hit us like a brick wall after the ADOS assessment....

We're currently involved in the early bird programme and have a greatsupport network although we both work full time and are currently juggling around 3 appointmebetween onto between my son and daughter and hope this website willgive me the opportunity to catch up on any missed information / time....

Whilst we are fairly new to the ASD world we do have some understanding of what we'reabout to face, however advice... Experience is greatly appreciated....

Thanks

Kelly

Parents
  • Hi again - yes, I find the assessment process strange for your son.  You would think that as you already have a child diagnosed that they would have been quick off the mark with your son.  I don't know if the same professionals diagnosing your son also diagnosed your daughter.  A "difference of opinion" between professionals in the same field can be quite common.  Obviously that's no comfort whatsoever + they should really get their act together.  I hope things get sorted out for you soon. How are the children doing in school?

• Hi again - yes, I find the assessment process strange for your son.  You would think that as you already have a child diagnosed that they would have been quick off the mark with your son.  I don't know if the same professionals diagnosing your son also diagnosed your daughter.  A "difference of opinion" between professionals in the same field can be quite common.  Obviously that's no comfort whatsoever + they should really get their act together.  I hope things get sorted out for you soon. How are the children doing in school?

Children