Introduction

Hi my name is Kelly and I'm fairly new to the NAS site....

I have twin 8 yr old boys 1 of which is currently waiting an assessment and a 3 yr old daughtewe who was diagnosed with core Autism a few days ago!!

Whilst there was no surprise for myself and husband, the severity still hit us like a brick wall after the ADOS assessment....

We're currently involved in the early bird programme and have a greatsupport network although we both work full time and are currently juggling around 3 appointmebetween onto between my son and daughter and hope this website willgive me the opportunity to catch up on any missed information / time....

Whilst we are fairly new to the ASD world we do have some understanding of what we'reabout to face, however advice... Experience is greatly appreciated....

Thanks

Kelly

• Come to new things in life - in other words, let's change [removed by mod] the wind to make the atmosphere in life different and better.

• Hi again - yes, I find the assessment process strange for your son.  You would think that as you already have a child diagnosed that they would have been quick off the mark with your son.  I don't know if the same professionals diagnosing your son also diagnosed your daughter.  A "difference of opinion" between professionals in the same field can be quite common.  Obviously that's no comfort whatsoever + they should really get their act together.  I hope things get sorted out for you soon. How are the children doing in school?

• Ha yes... Not enough hours in the day Undecided

Although the assessment process has been an extremely long process for my 8yr old as he's always just been marked as an August boy or the slower twin, I just knew there was something not quite right and now finally we're getting to grips with it!!

On the flip side my daughter's assessment process has been very quick, although she's been a lot easier to identify as autistic given she's a lot more severe shehaws diagnosed at 3yrs 1month and has lots in place to support her... I really can't believe the difference in how both kids have been dealt with

• Hi - welcome to the site.  Sounds like you haven't got a moment to yourselvesSmile.  Everybody understands on here + there's lots of info via the posts + home page.  How are you finding the assessment process?