Hello, hello :-)

Hello there, I'm not much good with introductions. I have literally rewritten this text like 15 times already --- I'm not even joking lol! 16th time lucky?? God I suck at social things online and in person. Okay, we'll start with the diagnosis. I was diagnosed in my early teens, school was just dreadful! Best left forgotten. Got bullied and the teachers were really mean as well. I kept a list in my little journal of all the people I didn't like lmao and pretty much everyone at school was on it XD I've since been diagnosed with anxiety and depression, really struggling with those. They seem to latch on to the autism and I've found distractions don't work anymore. #nightmare ! Also got cancer but not going to talk about that because it's so crappy. I was working with the NHS for a bit before I got sick but that's on hold now. Hopefully get back to it at some point --- with the autism I struggle with social interaction, always have. When I do interact I have to mask to do it which is ok but exhausting for me. I also over analyse everything. Does anyone else do that? That is also exhausting. Feel like I could sleep a thousand years lol. I have big interest in history and magic, they are special interests of mine :-) and I'm here to sort of mix in and meet others who are like me. Looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

PS it took 18 goes in the end but finally done.

Parents
  • Hi Glitters,

I very much relate to much of what you’ve written here. I have terrible problems with anxiety - especially bad at the moment and over the last few months. I have also been seriously ill last year with physical illness (and I also hate to talk about that!). 
    Just yesterday I found some helpful YouTube videos - a channel called ‘Therapy in a nutshell’ which were quite good and helped a little bit. I don’t know if they might be helpful to others on here? I’m always looking for things that might help as my anxiety is really badly impacting my life at the moment. Like so many people on here (I’ve discovered) so many autistic people have to rely on self help because services like the NHS are not there for us. I definitely over analyse things far too much, and I also would like to sleep for a very very long time if I could! I could do with the most profound, deep REST! That would be blissful. 
    It’s nice to meet people on here and realise that I’m not alone in struggling in this way, and also nice to hear about other autistic people’s lives and the things they enjoy too. 

• Hi Glitters,

I very much relate to much of what you’ve written here. I have terrible problems with anxiety - especially bad at the moment and over the last few months. I have also been seriously ill last year with physical illness (and I also hate to talk about that!). 
    Just yesterday I found some helpful YouTube videos - a channel called ‘Therapy in a nutshell’ which were quite good and helped a little bit. I don’t know if they might be helpful to others on here? I’m always looking for things that might help as my anxiety is really badly impacting my life at the moment. Like so many people on here (I’ve discovered) so many autistic people have to rely on self help because services like the NHS are not there for us. I definitely over analyse things far too much, and I also would like to sleep for a very very long time if I could! I could do with the most profound, deep REST! That would be blissful. 
    It’s nice to meet people on here and realise that I’m not alone in struggling in this way, and also nice to hear about other autistic people’s lives and the things they enjoy too. 

Children
No Data