Diagnosis?

hi everyone! i’m looking for some advice. i’m 20 years old. i’ve thought for some time now that i have autism. i’ve got a long list of how i acted as a child and how i act now. i phoned my gp a couple times and even had an appointment to discuss this. as usual, i was turned away from a diagnosis and told to seek help elsewhere, specifically here. i believe a diagnosis would really help me and stop my constant questioning of myself. i was always the ‘well-behaved smart girl’ in school, and i am currently doing well in university, which is why i think no one has taken me seriously. the reality is, i have struggled so much with what i’ve discovered is called ‘masking’. i never realised that neurotypical people don’t do this? it’s so very mentally and physically draining for me, but because it doesn’t affect anyone around me it feels as though i should be doing fine. but i’m really not. it’s so stressful, i really don’t know what to do next. am i going to live like this for the rest of my life?

Parents
  • Hi
    Have you looked at referral options for your area? I am similar (very academic, done well etc) and have been able to self refer for a diganosis. Waiting to hear if I am on the waiting list but it has helped to do soemthing about it. 
    You may also be able to ask your university if they offer assessments... you never know.

• Hi
    Have you looked at referral options for your area? I am similar (very academic, done well etc) and have been able to self refer for a diganosis. Waiting to hear if I am on the waiting list but it has helped to do soemthing about it. 
    You may also be able to ask your university if they offer assessments... you never know.

Children
No Data