Daughter

I really don't know where to start.but here goes.my daughter has just turned 31.A mom to a beautiful little boy.she was always a lovely kind sweet little girl who became a very troubled teenager. Her dad left when she was 12.she started truanting from school .took a overdose at 13.she started seeing a psychologist. Every 2weeks for about 4 months.We (my mom and me) have come to realise she has many many autistic traits.We aren't close any more. I haven't seen her since Christmas day. I  see my 5 year old grandson every 2 weeks. She doesn't understand why I want to see him.. she tells me and my mom "hes not yours,why should you see him. It breaks my heart.I have looked up adult autism and just the first 6 lines absolutely summed up my daughter.How do I as a mom approach the subject . My grandson is being assessed at school by senco.  He is definitely on the spectrum but is improving such a lot since he started school in September. A lot of his  problem is that his mom is totally obsessed with him. Looking back even if  her dad had not left when he did she would still be like this. When she was a child  we always said she was a funny onion. .I want to help her. She only has 2 friends. Both from When she started senior school. She doesn't work. Hubby has a really  good job.  She worked straight  from school until she left to have her son. She has no real adult interaction. .I don't even know what I'm asking for really.She isn't thick or stupid . maybe she has realised she has these traits.I want to help her but I don't know how. Thanks for reading this very long post. Sending Happy thoughts to anyone that needs them today .Kooka  x

Parents Reply Children
No Data