Introduction

Hello, 

I'm new to this community and just recently joined NAS as a member after thinking about doing so for the last few months. 

I am a woman in my late 20s and was diagnosed with autism in my early 20s. I was only referred for a diagnosis after I had developed an eating disorder, anorexia, which greatly impacted my ability to work and live normally.

During childhood I had been referred to many counsellors and therapist's because of a delay in development, selective mutism and my difficulties in making or maintaining friendships. I believe the lack of help in childhood did lead into the 5/6 years I struggled with an ED. It has only been very recently that I managed to get into work and lead a somewhat regular life, though I find myself struggling again (I currently work as a carer/support worker but I feel like that was an awful decision so I've had to quit and look for work elsewhere).

Finding work that suits me has been a challenge and I'm still looking. With the current increase in cost of living it has left me feeling really stressed. I am sure I am not the only person who feels this way.

I hope to gather advice and hopefully provide some advice whilst in this community. From what I have seen there are many discussions on topics that affect me, so I am glad that there is advice and guidance put there.

Parents Reply Children
No Data