Hello!

Hello everyone!

My name's Caroline, I'm 17 and I just got my official autism diagnosis so even though I've been on this forum for a little while, I thought I'd properly introduce myself now. I'm relieved to finally get my diagnosis as it makes a lot of things make sense but I also feel a bit weird about it as there are lots of things I do that I feel aren't very autistic. Has anyone else had similar doubts after being diagnosed?

Parents
  • Hello. Congratulations, by the way there is no one way to be autistic. Our autistic community is so diverse, welcome I hope you like being a part of it. I hope you learn more about your amazing authentic autistic self by being in autistic spaces. 

Trying to understand your autistic experience is very much about relying on your instincts, so do what feels natural and take time to process your new knowledge.

One last thought. the complexity of your autistic experience is as complicated as being human, after  all autism is a neurotype. 

• Hello. Congratulations, by the way there is no one way to be autistic. Our autistic community is so diverse, welcome I hope you like being a part of it. I hope you learn more about your amazing authentic autistic self by being in autistic spaces. 

Trying to understand your autistic experience is very much about relying on your instincts, so do what feels natural and take time to process your new knowledge.

One last thought. the complexity of your autistic experience is as complicated as being human, after  all autism is a neurotype. 

Children
No Data