Does anyone have problems with playing video games for hours on end without stopping every day?

I have always played video games since I was young. I am now 31.

Currently I probably play 3 hours average per day plus 4-5 at weekends.  I can become incredibly invested.

Time just seems to pass by very quickly and I only really stop because my partner tells me to. 

Anyone experience this?  Is it good? Or is it bad?

Cheers

Parents
  • I only really have time to play games on the week ends cause of school but when I do play it's a great way to forget all the things going on so I get lost in them and can spend hours just playing. My mum usually comes in and tells me to take a break in the end.

• I only really have time to play games on the week ends cause of school but when I do play it's a great way to forget all the things going on so I get lost in them and can spend hours just playing. My mum usually comes in and tells me to take a break in the end.

Children
  • I can definitely relate to you.  It is a good way to process things and concentrate on a task separated from your every day life. If I become anxious it can be a good way to take my mind off things.  I used to game a lot during school week and weekends due to problems at school.  I think its pretty smart to keep it the weekends though as I put things off until the last minute.