25 and diagnosed

Hi everyone. On Tuesday I was diagnosed with autism, after over 18 months of waiting and assessments. Part of me always knew, hence the prompt to go through the assessment. But now I have it, what do I do now? It’s no straight answer, I know. But I’m interested in other peoples experiences. Big thing going through my head is how would things be different had I been diagnosed sooner? What do I do now? I don’t know. I’m feeling confused. Just anything from anyone would be really appreciated. Thank you 

Parents
  • Hey! Good for you for getting the assessment, and even knowing. I am newly diagnosed and confused as well. I suppose what you can do better now is to take care of your well-being. Knowing yourself and drawing also from other people's experience and knowledge, maybe to keep from having autistic burnout.
    After 25 years of not knowing, one wonders about how things could have been different. I think about it too but it overwhelms me. Because then I start to wonder how my family would have treated me. And it becomes a never-ending thought process. I think I will write down my biggest questions, and put a time limit on how long I may think about it. Best to you.

• Hey! Good for you for getting the assessment, and even knowing. I am newly diagnosed and confused as well. I suppose what you can do better now is to take care of your well-being. Knowing yourself and drawing also from other people's experience and knowledge, maybe to keep from having autistic burnout.
    After 25 years of not knowing, one wonders about how things could have been different. I think about it too but it overwhelms me. Because then I start to wonder how my family would have treated me. And it becomes a never-ending thought process. I think I will write down my biggest questions, and put a time limit on how long I may think about it. Best to you.

Children
No Data