25 and diagnosed

Hi everyone. On Tuesday I was diagnosed with autism, after over 18 months of waiting and assessments. Part of me always knew, hence the prompt to go through the assessment. But now I have it, what do I do now? It’s no straight answer, I know. But I’m interested in other peoples experiences. Big thing going through my head is how would things be different had I been diagnosed sooner? What do I do now? I don’t know. I’m feeling confused. Just anything from anyone would be really appreciated. Thank you 

Parents
  • It is far better to know where you are than to guess your entire life.  I found out I have ASD last year at the age of 53 and it has been a bit of a bombshell.  However it explains lots in my life and would have made certain things easier had I known earlier.

I think the important thing is to not think everything is negative.  If you can mitigate the negatives as much as possible you can use the positives to your advantage.  But that is not an easy journey

• It is far better to know where you are than to guess your entire life.  I found out I have ASD last year at the age of 53 and it has been a bit of a bombshell.  However it explains lots in my life and would have made certain things easier had I known earlier.

I think the important thing is to not think everything is negative.  If you can mitigate the negatives as much as possible you can use the positives to your advantage.  But that is not an easy journey

Children