Hi, 

Im new to this community and also only one year since diagnosed late as ASD. In that year, knowing that things take two people to make things work, my wife has also left as its all 'too much'.

With my daily routines totally gone and the emotions of it, I'm totally struggling.

Anyone else been through similar? 

Parents
  • Hello Rob

I hope 2022  brings you more happiness.  I am lucky that my wife wants to go on this journey with my ASD and is willing to make accommodations but I don’t a high level of social anxiety and I am not obsessive about routines etc so she doesn’t have to make big changes.  

It seems a shame your ex wife couldn’t cope or wasn’t willing to help you with the diagnosis.  It is a big revelation to find out as an adult that you have ASD and emotional support makes finding out so much easier.

• Hello Rob

I hope 2022  brings you more happiness.  I am lucky that my wife wants to go on this journey with my ASD and is willing to make accommodations but I don’t a high level of social anxiety and I am not obsessive about routines etc so she doesn’t have to make big changes.  

It seems a shame your ex wife couldn’t cope or wasn’t willing to help you with the diagnosis.  It is a big revelation to find out as an adult that you have ASD and emotional support makes finding out so much easier.

Children
No Data