Hello comrades!

Hey,

I’m a 27 year old man living in Greater London, I have worked as a data engineer since I graduated from university. I was diagnosed with Asperger’s when I was around 5 years old.

I have been expelled, spent years in PRUs, and spent the entirety of secondary school in SEN. I got good GCSEs and A Levels then went to Uni. I didn’t have any friends outside of school until year 8 but things improved a lot once I did start to go out.

I am super into politics, history and science, although I spend ages reading into other topics sometimes. If there is some fact you learned today or this week that you haven’t had the chance to tell someone or a topic you’ve recently got obsessed with then you can comment back with it, otherwise I will probably chat to some of you in other threads.

I think that’s enough for an introduction, I included some details because I was hoping to find people in similar situations to me to talk with and see how they look at things etc.

Thanks

Parents
  • Can tell you are into politics and your leaning just from your title, haha.

I don't know how you handle politics being autistic! Totally does my head in. I need one max two issues at a time otherwise my brain gets foggy.

• I used to get confused about what was even real in politics and what was fear mongering and I would be so unsure about what I believed I wouldn’t be able to debate my views at all. I honestly think just knowing things about different subjects like statistics and whatnot helps because it means you can use those facts and figures to inform your arguments. Because of that, I’m now equipped to argue with *** and at least do somewhat well in a debate. But yeah, I definitely understand the foggy head thing from when I was just learning about politics. Another idea I had to wrap my head around was the idea that other people are suffering in the world while I’m eating or sleeping or complaining about chargers and there’s nothing any of us can really do to change that in any immediate way. I had to learn to be happy in spite of the great injustices in the world because hurting myself over it doesn’t help anyone

• I used to get confused about what was even real in politics and what was fear mongering and I would be so unsure about what I believed I wouldn’t be able to debate my views at all. I honestly think just knowing things about different subjects like statistics and whatnot helps because it means you can use those facts and figures to inform your arguments. Because of that, I’m now equipped to argue with *** and at least do somewhat well in a debate. But yeah, I definitely understand the foggy head thing from when I was just learning about politics. Another idea I had to wrap my head around was the idea that other people are suffering in the world while I’m eating or sleeping or complaining about chargers and there’s nothing any of us can really do to change that in any immediate way. I had to learn to be happy in spite of the great injustices in the world because hurting myself over it doesn’t help anyone

Children
No Data