Relationship advice

Hi I'm Becky but everyone calls me Bex. 

Anyway, I'm autistic, I was diagnosed when I was like 9 I think. I don't remember exactly when bit it was around that age. Anyway I've always struggled with different things like sensory problems and being overloaded by people and crowded places. Usually I vomit if I get to overloaded *rolls eyes*

So anyway I've always wanted to be in a relationship, just because I've always wanted to get married and have a baby. So my sister introduced me to a guy she knows and we've been seeing each other. We haven't really done much, like not kissed yet but we have hugged. I find it a bit confusing but I'm trying really hard to make this work. 

Anyway I've always been quite childish, I still like Winnie the Pooh and children's TV programs. Yesterday my boyfriend came over and he asked if I would stop watching Winnie the Pooh, I asked why and he said it was embarrassing for someone my age to watch it.

That upset me a lot and I feel bad now. I really want our relationship to work but I can't really change who I am can i? Or do you think I should try? I don't want to be lonely.

Parents
  • Hi! 

You shouldn't feel bad. It's part of you. What if winnie the pooh was nacional geographic? 

People will always have different tastes in things. That doesn't mean they're incompatible. It's  a matter of accepting that in others, I guess. I agree with Mariusz. You should try to explain why It's important to you. 

• Hi! 

You shouldn't feel bad. It's part of you. What if winnie the pooh was nacional geographic? 

People will always have different tastes in things. That doesn't mean they're incompatible. It's  a matter of accepting that in others, I guess. I agree with Mariusz. You should try to explain why It's important to you. 

Children
No Data