Relationship advice

Hi I'm Becky but everyone calls me Bex. 

Anyway, I'm autistic, I was diagnosed when I was like 9 I think. I don't remember exactly when bit it was around that age. Anyway I've always struggled with different things like sensory problems and being overloaded by people and crowded places. Usually I vomit if I get to overloaded *rolls eyes*

So anyway I've always wanted to be in a relationship, just because I've always wanted to get married and have a baby. So my sister introduced me to a guy she knows and we've been seeing each other. We haven't really done much, like not kissed yet but we have hugged. I find it a bit confusing but I'm trying really hard to make this work. 

Anyway I've always been quite childish, I still like Winnie the Pooh and children's TV programs. Yesterday my boyfriend came over and he asked if I would stop watching Winnie the Pooh, I asked why and he said it was embarrassing for someone my age to watch it.

That upset me a lot and I feel bad now. I really want our relationship to work but I can't really change who I am can i? Or do you think I should try? I don't want to be lonely.

Parents
  • i call it autistic conundrum,

something like an impossible choice and shroedinger cat paradox in one

i never solved mine case ,cause i did not get enough more data to solve it

you won't get either because more data in this case is more data from other relationships you've ve been in

stuck in a closed loop 

but there is 3rd invisible choice available to us,  that we can make in case like this

explain it to him why it's important to you, hoping he acts like grown up man,

he just demanded that from you btw,

and hope love will overcome his stupid sense of false pride from showing off in front of his buddies, what amazing relationship and woman he has, because that's going in his head, he would never admit it

i love Tiger btw, and cartoons too, still watch them :P

pooh is in your life on purpose right? there is a need for him to be there

• i call it autistic conundrum,

something like an impossible choice and shroedinger cat paradox in one

i never solved mine case ,cause i did not get enough more data to solve it

you won't get either because more data in this case is more data from other relationships you've ve been in

stuck in a closed loop 

but there is 3rd invisible choice available to us,  that we can make in case like this

explain it to him why it's important to you, hoping he acts like grown up man,

he just demanded that from you btw,

and hope love will overcome his stupid sense of false pride from showing off in front of his buddies, what amazing relationship and woman he has, because that's going in his head, he would never admit it

i love Tiger btw, and cartoons too, still watch them :P

pooh is in your life on purpose right? there is a need for him to be there

Children
  • Yeah like you I have no other relationships, this is my first one and it feels good but at the same time I feel bad because it doesn't appear to be going very well :( I feel like I'm doing everything wrong. And I know what you mean he can be quite demanding. He won't let me carry around my comfort bear when we go in town.

Omg me too! They are so good aren't they :) What's your fave cartoon?

Yes he's in my life intentionally, it makes me happy watching it and I can forget the world for a little while. Sometimes my mum watches it with me which is nice.