Getting a Job minimum wage stuff is my only option bare in mind

Are there any sites that employ people with disabilities. Like I suck big time at interviews due to my lack of social skills. Had a job before covid but had to leave due to sheilding as like most of us on the spectrum I have a weak immune system so was CEV. I had a trial shift at M&S in the bakers district but didn't make the cut as I wasn't quick enough or suited to an independent job role where I'd be working by myself due to my anxiety. I've been a chef, farmer and even done retail in the past. Only work I can seem to get is voluntary work. But hey volentry work isn't go to pay towards my pension. My biggest problem is my anxiety when it comes to the general public and interviews I guess. I went for an interview at Waitrose lately mentioned I was autistic and needed a reader. Finished the interview before I even got home I got an email back saying you didn't get. I also find if I tell the employer I'm Autistic they just don't Wana know and give you a chance even though I'm more than capable of meanial labour like till work and shelf stacking. Anyone ellse find it ducky finding a job. I read that the majority of Autistic people are also unemployed due to similar reasons. Why is know one protesting this. 

Parents Reply Children
  • I was fired from JD Sports and Pets at Home so I understand. 

I work in education now but I feel overwhelemd every day and am really struggling to keep my job

• More or less how I'm feeling. On my employment I have a number of jobs my reason for leaving each job in the past is due to be being bullied out of them by coworkers and even bosses and manager's. So it's kind of hard to exsplain gaps in unemployment and changes in jobs. How do most of you guys who aren't unemployed cope take it like me you have to sighn on? Now I've mentioned to universal I do have genuine disability though I know longer have to go in on a weekly and I'm not pressured to find to work. But I'm so board not working and it's crap money living off universal too. Luckily I still live at home but it's bullshit the lack of basic human rights autistic people get in the work place. Our government suck to as they do nothing about it even though they know there is huge unemployment gap with autisic people or those with unsean disabilities in general. Pisses me off. 

• Some employers can be very harsh, others more accepting.  It would help if they explained why they think you are unemployable, so ask why next time.  How did you feel it went when you were working?   Were there any difficulties or issues?  Sometimes though they just sack people they don't like, or don't fit in, even if they were doing well.  You might need employment support, so look into that.