Bordem

Anyone got any hobbie sergestions. Or what do people fill there spare time. I find nothing brings me satisfaction anymore. Weather it's gaming my previous hobby or drinking which wieredly I use to love. Starting up at the gym again but I feel like nothing chalanges anymore or I can't find interests in anything anymore even gaming on my Xbox feels like a choor. Is this an ASD thing or just a me thing. Like when you get to that point in life where everything just sucks and is insanely boring and repetitive. Bare in mind I live in a village and the nearest town is half an hour from me and I don't drive.

• My vision work involves poetry, and podcasting, but I will be a Landlord to earn income; but the Estate Agency will do the Donkey Work.

• The ONLY time I actually have some fun is when I'm learning something new,

and then you continue doing those things out of routine

the most important question - what is my purpose - has no answer so far

only meetings with my friends (I have 3 friends), when we practise ''modern philosophy'' manage to continue to give me some fun. we usually get drunk in a process or at least get tipsy.

• I've been struggling with the same Situation. I devour books, I used to play games and surfing but lately I have no time to do so.  Gym has become boring. The ONLY time I actually have some fun is when I'm learning something new, or at yoga class and even then it gets boring after a while. Is this how it's suppose to be? I feel a Little Lost and without a purpose in life. I Also feel extremely tired and without energy. Social interactions are draining more of me now, than ever...

• I used to love PS games but now I find it hard to get into them. 

Losing interest in all your hobbies and not finding any enjoyment in them is what happened to me when my depression got really bad. For a while there I didnt even enjoy watching football anymore and I love that. I see you have a Southampton badge on your picture, is football still something you enjoy? If your into sports I find cricket is a really good sport for us auties as there is a lot of detail,stats etc, its like its own little world. Very immersive

You mentioned your in a little village, so am I. Do you like the countryside and wildlife? I find being out in nature really helps me mentally 

Writing helps as well as I can get my feelings out

• Just had a look at it .. Does look pretty good! 

• Yeah FPs looks quality tbf only game I've seen worth buying in ages 

• I mean... Atleast I dont own smellovision Stuck out tongue winking eye otherwise FS22 probably wouldn't hold such an appeal. Oh battlefield 2042? That's a shooting game right? Like COD?

• I use to work on farms in my youth so doesn't apeal to me learnt to drive a tractor too in a reality as well. Spent my summers mucking out cows and putting in fences when I was 14 when I was 15 I went to agriculture spent more time mucking out pigs and stinking of sh*t haha that and bailing hey. Difference between a tractor and car is the speed so tractors were an easier an option. I've pre ordered battlefield 2042 but I'm sure I'll be board with that week

• I failed IT when it came GSCE might look I to making music though breaking computers is more my thing over fixing them haha 

• Literally the same I binge watch freinds on repeat even lost interest in my Warhammer when I by stuff I'm instantly board of it only thing I want is a job but ironically I know it would just be the same even if I had one. Never amounted to much as far as qualifications went as like most of us I wasn't given much of a chance to Excel at school even though I have a reasonable IQ and wouldn't clasify myself as stupid by any means. I have to to work jobs where I'm working under people dumber than I am and that drives me just nuts as not having job. It's like I don't feel challenged at all and loose ambition and pation in stuff cause I can't go anywhere or can't progress. 

• Then again I think I just like simulation games on general, Train simulator, flight simulator, I even played goat simulator once because it was free JoyJoyJoyJoy

• Still got an Arduino in the draw Joy  I vaguely remember it infuriating me Joy 

• Seriously I have put hundreds and hundreds of hours into fs19 TractorTractor it sounds real boring... But trust me it's not, o love the structure of it I think and of course driving heavy machinery is fun too Joy

• Yes! I made many things with Arduino in the past.

• FS22 COMES OUT on the 22nd

I had to google this... was thinking First Strike? Flight Simulator? Football something... but its:

I suppose the CowTractorChicken should have given it away! Looks fun.

• I use to love getting stuck into a bit of python also dabbled over the years with Java, PHP, CSS(doesn't really count as code per say rather scripting Rofl) and HTML5. Also loved tinkering with a raspberry pi or 4 Joy trying to cluster them etc. Oh boy how I use to love technology! It makes the time fly by Pensive

• Learn computer programming - nothing else can get my mind active and fully focused as when I am trying to bend a computer to my will.

There are many easy to learn languages nowadays, and there are loads of free tools, tutorials, online courses and references.

You could learn anything from how to create websites in HTML5 to advanced image recognition or speech synthesis in C# .net.

Some of my most enjoyable programming has been writing mods or addons for whatever PC game I am hooked on at the time.

• It is definitely not just you PensivePersevere I completely get what your saying I'm exactly the same, gaming use to be my only escape/hobby but yes just got no energy for it now Pensive I just watch the same TV shows over and over now Grimacing I've always put it down to my depression...? Guess it could be my ASD too Thinking Hope you find something to occupy your mind! It can be difficult Relaxed️ what sort of gaming do you enjoy/use to enjoy? Im hugely into building/sandbox/engineering type of games, but they just don't make enough of them Grimacing on the plus side... FS22 COMES OUT on the 22nd RoflCow2TractorRoosterRabbit2RamGoat

• It is definitely not just you PensivePersevere I completely get what your saying I'm exactly the same, gaming use to be my only escape/hobby but yes just got no energy for it now Pensive I just watch the same TV shows over and over now Grimacing I've always put it down to my depression...? Guess it could be my ASD too Thinking Hope you find something to occupy your mind! It can be difficult Relaxed️ what sort of gaming do you enjoy/use to enjoy? Im hugely into building/sandbox/engineering type of games, but they just don't make enough of them Grimacing on the plus side... FS22 COMES OUT on the 22nd RoflCow2TractorRoosterRabbit2RamGoat