Hello! I'm new!

Hello! I'm new here and am just wanting to introduce myself. 

My name is Constanza, I'm 38 and live with my husband and two kids. 

I'm recently diagnosed but have had a long journey of wrong diagnosis and various awful medications before I came to this point. I'm generally healthier and happier now but I have my daily struggles, as we all do. I'm also now going through the motions of my kids being and waiting to be assessed too. 

I'm looking forward to meeting new people here. I do struggle with some social interactions, but I do want to form new friendships. I think what I struggle with most, and also what I find most exhausting, is the expectation of constant reciprocation. I think what I mean is being expected to reply to every single text or being able to carry on a conversation because it's socially polite. I have found it so hard and upsetting over the years when people choose to take my anxiety or problems in social situations as a personal slight. Sometimes it's so hard to explain what I think and why I struggle and I suppose it doesn't fit with what some neurotypical people require from friendship. I don't know. 

I'd love to gain some pen friends and would also be happy to correspond over email or text. As I said previously though, I'm not always able to sit and text for long periods though. 

I enjoy arts and crafts, reading and playing piano. I also love animals and nature. I have 2 cats, Bobcat and Aslan, and a Pug named Horus.

I'm very pleased to be here and look forward to meeting some new, lovely people Slight smile

Parents Reply Children