Hello, I’m new to the Forum.

I’ve just joined the community and to be honest I don’t have a formal diagnosis of Autism or Aspergers.

I do though have a diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder with traits of OCD.

Through my current therapist who had pointed me in this direction because they’re a lot of similarities between BPD and Aspergers and I’m beginning to wonder if I’ve been misdiagnosed?

I live in London, UK and was wondering if anyone knows or has any suggestions on how I might understand more?

I’ve watched a few things on YouTube particularly Tony Attwood, I can I can see a lot of myself in some of the things he talks about.

Any advice or information would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Parents
  • Hello, Mart. Welcome to the forum. What is Borderline Personality Disorder? You're lucky to live in London. It's such a vibrant city with so much going on.

• Hello Tassimo

Thanks for your response.

Borderline Personality Disorder is also known more commonly in Europe as, Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder and of course the clue and emphasis is on the first two words ‘Emotionally Unstable’

I don’t really want to put any ideas into other peoples heads by giving a very long description. It’s much easier to just Google it but with a reservation that you only seek out sites you can trust as there’s a lot of poor information out there.

You’re right about London, Tassimo but it can be a nightmare when one struggles with people and social situations.

• and using underground is even bigger nightmare, 

Reply Children
No Data