Hoarding

What to hoard?

The more time I spend on the net or watching the news, the more I panic about the future.

Should I hoard toilet paper?  This was the big issue in March 2020, this turned out to be a waste of time.

Should I hoard tinned and dried food ?  In case the supermarkets run out of food.

Should I hoard candles? In case the lights go out.

All suggestions are welcome.

Parents
  • I will explain the context of my obsessions.

My mother was a big hoarder, in the 1970s we had the three day week, power cuts, winter of discontent. It all affected her.  We had large stocks of flour( which went mouldy after a few years), salt, sugar, candles ( I still have this stock of 40 year old candles), cutlery, shoes, tea towels, bedding, towels, pasta( we threw out 20 year old pasta when she passed).

I'm trying to build up a six month stock of non perishable goods, soap, toilet paper, cleaning products, toothpaste etc.

• I will explain the context of my obsessions.

My mother was a big hoarder, in the 1970s we had the three day week, power cuts, winter of discontent. It all affected her.  We had large stocks of flour( which went mouldy after a few years), salt, sugar, candles ( I still have this stock of 40 year old candles), cutlery, shoes, tea towels, bedding, towels, pasta( we threw out 20 year old pasta when she passed).

I'm trying to build up a six month stock of non perishable goods, soap, toilet paper, cleaning products, toothpaste etc.

Children
No Data